Sign in to download Office
1. Go to www.office.com and select Sign in.
2. Sign in with the account you provided in order e-mail after purchase.
3. After signing in, from the home page select Install Office (If you set a different start page, go to aka.ms/office-install.)
4. Select Office 365 apps to begin the installation.
5. This completes the download of Office to your device. Follow the instructions below to complete installing your Office apps.
Install Office on a PC
1. Depending on your browser, select Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.
The install begins.
2. Your install is finished when you see the phrase, “You’re all set! Office is installed now” and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close.
Installation or sign in issues?
Tip: You can download and install the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant to help with Microsoft 365 installation issues on a PC. For more information, see About the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
1. To open an Office app, select the Start button (lower-left corner of your screen) and type the name of an Office app, like Word.
If you have Windows 8.1 or 8.0, type the name of an Office app on the Start screen. Can’t find your Office apps?
2. To open the Office app, select its icon in the search results.
3. When the Office app opens, accept the license agreement. Office is activated and ready to use.
Note: The Activation Wizard appears if Office has trouble activating. Complete the steps in the wizard to finish activating Office.
Install Office on a Mac
1. Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click Microsoft Office installer.pkg file (the name might vary slightly).
Tip: If you see an error that says the Microsoft Office installer.pkg can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer, wait 10 seconds and move the downloaded file to your desktop. Hold Control + click the file to launch the installer.
2. On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
3. Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
4. Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
5. Choose how you want to install Office and click Continue.
6. Review the disk space requirements or change your install location, and then click Install.
7. Enter your Mac login password, if prompted, and then click Install Software. (This is the password that you use to log in to your Mac.)
8. The software begins to install. Click Close when the installation is finished.
Launch an Office for Mac app
1. Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock to display all of your apps.
2. Click the Microsoft Word icon in the Launchpad.
How do I pin the Office app icons to the dock?
Go to Finder > Applications and open the Office app you want.
In the Dock, Control+click or right-click the app icon and choose Options > Keep in Dock.
Can I install Office on my iPhone or iPad?
Can I install Office on my Android?
Yes, see Install and set up Office on an Android.